Sunday, July 31, 2011

The Valley's Obvious Hidden Treasures

    Today I did what I do best, taste and judge the wine.  No not for a panel, for my self.  I love letting each wine smoulder and linger in my mouth, coating my every taste bud with the blood of the vine.  What made this experience favorable was the fact that it was economically priced free for me.  Thanks to working in the "industry".  The winery first visited today was Beaulieu aka BV, my favorite of the 7 wines tasted was the Ranch #1 Canernet Sauvignon vintage 2008.  Among others here are a few that I remembered the names of.

For the whites:
07 Pinot Gris Carneros
08 Chardonnay Napa Valley
08 Reserve Chardonnay Carneros

Onto Red:
08 Rutherford Cabernet Sauvignon Ranch #1
08 Rutherford Cabernet Sauvignon Ranch #2
08 Reserve Pinot Noir Carneros
and last but not least I tried the $125 bottle of Georges De Latour Cabernet Sauvignon, apparently if seeking to impress this is the bottle to whip out.

Thats just one winery.  The next was V. Sattui.  One of the valley's classics, good thing we got there before the wedding being held there started.  V.  Sattui is one of the only wineries in Napa to hold weddings.  Not to mention the ONLY place in Napa that has the best artichoke cheese dip.  It's nothing of what it sounds but oh man, can we say heaven on earth? Im melting talking about it.  I didn't leave with a favorite but, I did sample some great wine.

07 Sauvignon blanc (not sure region)
08 Rosata (really good but don't remember anything about it)
07 Merlot (again not sure on region)
ouch...I really didn't pay that much attention there today, I think I may have been in an artichoke dip coma. 

Like the vine, my love for wine has grown.  I tend to like to most expensive wine, and at times I wish I didn't have such expensive taste.   But that comes with tasteful knowledge.  As the sunset crosses the valley its time to unwind.  I took a short 40 min bike ride around my neighboring streets around the apartment.  There were a few streets that I had never been down.  I also thought it would be a good idea to climb some hills on the Diamondback.  Throughout my little adventure I took the time to actually take in the scenery.  I looked at other people's houses, and enjoyed being in another demographics region.  It was nice to see a change of scenery while getting a great work out in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would you like to add your two cents?