Monday, August 1, 2011

The Scents of Sunday

      I took the same route on my bicycle again today, and as I rode through the neighborhoods I experienced many different smells.  BBQ was in the air today!  If I had a BBQ, a real one, not an electric George Foreman stand up I would BBQ too.  Among BBQ I could swear at least three people were either making dog food, or those raw hides for animals, seriously.  Aside from that wierdness, I saw a few families walking together, and a few elderlies, all greeted me with a smile.  It was warming as I came hauling ass down each hill passing them by like a semi truck.  On my way back...I switched gears and my chain got wedged between the frame and the sprocket.  Good thing an older man was working on his yard while wearin HUGE earphones that had antennas on them helped me get it wedged out.  Greasy fingers and all.  I need to bring wipes next time incase I have to touch grease again.  So I get going on my merry way to have the same thing happen to me 30ft later.  I curse under my breath pissing someone else off who wanted to turn.  Quickly did my happiness vanish after that.  I fixed it, wiped my dirty hands on my backpack and headed home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would you like to add your two cents?