Thursday, July 19, 2012

A Breath of New Life

      I think this my be one of my last posts for a while considering that my life is going to change in an instant any day now, and I probably won't have much time for the computer.  As I reflect back on the last 25 years of "Allie" I can't help but think, so far its been a good run.  I have done a lot of things that not many people get to do, I have experienced independence, I've worked hard, played hard, went to school, learned what it's like to be an adult who takes full responsibility of their own actions.  As the tables turn I will now be fully responsible for another human.  At times it's overhelming and I get emotional because it's not a gradual change, even though I've been anticipating the baby for almost 10 months it's more like a BAM here's a baby time to start changing diapers, feeding, and get ready for sleepless nights.  I am going to be a parent any day now, we will be parents any day now.  It's so wierd to think about because we both have been anticipating this moment for so long that once she's here it's going to be so quick and I'll have to adjust quickly. 
      I can't wait to meet my daughter, writing that and even saying that is just wierd to me.  I never imagined this moment in life and I am so happy I am not doing this alone.  Aubrey is already so loved and I couldn't be luckier, happier, blessed, and more thankful for the loving family that already cares so much about her. 

1 comment:

  1. I love reading this. Aubrey is so amazing and you are already an incredible mommy!

    ReplyDelete

Would you like to add your two cents?