Monday, May 13, 2013

Changes

You know that moment where you sit back and think "damn, something needs to change".  That's how I felt yesterday after measuring my body after a month of working out. My bicep went from 11.25, to 11.5, waist 33 to 32 and my hips stayed the same at 39. I would have thought that after a month I would at least see lower numbers, I also haven't lost any weight in the past month.  What sucks about my situation, is that I still breast feed, I can't "starve" myself because I need to produce milk for my baby.  I feel so discouraged, but I am not going to let numbers drag me down, I feel stronger, and better now that I am back at the gym. What I am going to do, is continue to watch what I eat with a fine tooth comb, I am going to be very specific as to what I eat, and limit consumption. I've done this before, I don't get why it's so hard for me right now, maybe because I have a baby. I recently purchased a Polar watch to accurately count the number of calories that I burn, that way I can monitor my physical activity.  Well, off to meal plan.  Wish me luck.

(First Mother's Day post to follow)

1 comment:

  1. hey! i didt even know you still had this! I caught up on your and AUbrey's life. Dont be harsh on yourself about weight loss. you did LOSE even if it was not as much as you expected. I learned in nutrition that a breastfeeding mom can calculate her calories for weight loss, then add 300 calories and you will be getting enough for baby. Or just hang on, because as soon as you stop focusing on it, the weight will come off. I MISS YOU FRIEND and I think you are looking super HOT

    ReplyDelete

Would you like to add your two cents?