Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter

      Today I wore all things maternity, capris, tank, and shirt. I went for a walk with my little cousins while the "Easter Bunny" hid eggs. When we got back they hunted while I sat and watched. It's super funny watching kids look for eggs you can see, but they can't. I got my fair share of laughs. We then celebrated my youngest cousins 8th birthday that happened to land on Easter Sunday. He opened a few gifts, and was excited when I gave him a gift card for a video game.  Before we could enjoy the Easter ham, I found myself making a to-go plate to take to work.
      I honestly forgot about the fun to be had on Easter, and how the holiday orients around family. Coming from a divorced family, I never really got to enjoy the gracious holiday the "right" way. So, I got to thinking; I want to start family traditions, and have family oriented Easter's. I want to watch Aubrey hunt for eggs in her extravagant, over the top Easter dress, watch her pose for the camera, and help make waffles for brunch while mommy has a mimosa or two. When I put my request to have the holidays off I didn't even put Easter on it, I am changing that now as of today. Again, I seriously forgot about Easter!!! Let's just hope Daddy can have that day off when it really counts. I need a baby/growing up book that I can jot down all these ideas that I think of. I really want to have a family Easter where we make waffles, and other breakfast goodies and get to enjoy the day together. I want to make silly Easter baskets that she can wake up to, dye eggs the night before. I want to make every holiday special for her, and that I will with the help and good company of family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would you like to add your two cents?