Sunday, January 15, 2012

Back to School Blog Post

      As my winter break nears the end, I am sad but yet happy to say it's back to school time for me.  This is my 2nd to last semester with a full "school load".  This semester I am taking Anthropology (with a lab), Math, and Computer Studies, totaling 10 units.  This time, unlike last semester I am only working 30 hours a week, which I hope lasts just for the purpose of getting good grades.  Last semester I had a meltdown in math, stormed off, drove away, and spun out almost hitting a curb and a car.  Leaving me with a "W" on my transcript and yet another semester behind in math.  I didn’t have time to study or focus because I was always helping some clueless tourist.  I was, and still am pretty depressed about the situation, but with less time at work, and more time to study, I am ready to conquer math and move onto next semester into the next level of math. 
      The "spring" semester will last until 5/18/12; I am debating what my plan will be for summer and the fall semester.  I would LIKE to take a summer class of some sort just to get another class out of the way.  If I do this will be my 2nd year of straight schooling.  The only "breaks" I've had are the breaks the school allots.  I don't have a problem with it, but reflecting back on the last two years, I HAVE BEEN ON THE CONSTANT GO.  At this point in my life all I know is school, and work. Anyway back to the main point, after spring and summer, it's the fall semester.  I, at that point will have a newborn child.  In this moment of time, I will be taking at least one class in the fall.  Brett says that I should take the semester off to care, and get to know baby.  Well, the truth is, I would love to, but I am not getting any younger, this is my 22nd semester at NVC (yes I counted the other day).  Not to mention, I NEED to get this AS degree in order to transfer, in HOPES of getting a better job to provide a decent future for our baby.  If I wanted a break I would have taken the last semester off, so why start now?  Basically 2-3 weeks after popping out a baby, I'll be back in school.
      Holy cow....because I went to New Tech high, we had to take classes at NVC, I have been going to NVC for 10 years....that's disgusting.  What takes someone two years, has taken me 10 years.  Wow what a reflection.  I should have a PhD you'd think.  Damn.  Regardless of the amount of time it's taken.  Two years ago was when I finally made the decision to be a business major.  I will do whatever it takes to finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would you like to add your two cents?