Tuesday, December 13, 2011

12 Days till Christmas

  
      Yes folks, you heard it.  I’m sure by the time you read this it will be 11, 10, 9, or even 8.  I am not too into Christmas this year.  I wish I was though.  Reason being, I HAVE TO WORK CHRISTMAS EVE AND CHRISTMAS DAY.  To me it's really sad.  So for the past few years I haven't been able to get fully into the holiday for that reason alone.  Next year, I am not missing my baby's first Christmas.  Even though the child will not have any idea what is going on, I will.  I want to be able to share the joy with family without having to worry about checking someone in so they can go see their family, it's not fair.  I’m really bitter about it.  It makes me not even want to do all of the things that I have planned for my "gifts" to give to family.  Who can blame me?  I might as well put the request to have Monday December 25th 2012 off now.  I hope being a first time mother the boss' will understand...sigh :(
      With that being said, Merry Christmas.  To all of those who have holidays off, be thankful, your life could be worse like mine.  I have dreams wishing I had my old job, where I had holidays off.  I am Rudolph, I can’t join in any reindeer games, unless someone wants something when I check them in.

Tis the season.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry, there have been years that I had to work on Christmas and Christmas Eve as well. You could push Christmas back for you and your family until your days off? Or just enjoy every hour you have at home. Thinking like that always helped me. :)

    ReplyDelete

Would you like to add your two cents?