Sunday, June 3, 2012

Baby Shower Bliss

      Our baby shower was quite the sucess I must say.  The food came out wonderful, we looked great, and we got to see so many people.  At times I felt like a caged animal let loose for the first time experiencing sensory over load there was so much going on the entire time.  We went home at about 10:30pm and on the drive home everything hit me.  Brett looked over at me and said "so, are you happy your not going to summer school?" with relief I said "YES".  At that moment I was so exhausted from the entire day that it all just hit me at once that we're going to have a baby.  Our apartment looks like a baby shower bomb went off and destroyed everything in its path.  I feel so bad that everything is just kind of there and not set up. I will be cleaning everything this week and getting things ready for our little girl.  The shower however, was amazing.  The weather cooperated, but it was windy at first.  We had the best food I've ever seen at a shower, and delicious desserts that I could probably eat all day, I did infact eat 3 pieces of cake.  Even my Grandma enjoyed the cake, she's diabetic and 2 pieces only put her sugar up 20 points which is impressive.  We got almost everything we had on the registry, a stroller, car seat, and the biggest item of all that I needed the most, a glider.  I will be using that chair everyday once she is born I was soooo happy to see that when I opened it.  We also got TONS of clothes, I mean TONS.  We also got gift cards galore.  The one thing I didn't get that I didn't realize till my mom brought it up was a diaper bag.  But with all of our gift cards I see us getting one in the near future

 As I sit here writing thing, my feet are swoolen, and the joints in the fingers are aching with pain.  It'd getting harder to grasp things because apparently I am at the stage of where all of the ligaments and joints are relaxing in preperation for labor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would you like to add your two cents?