Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Dinner for Three

      When I say three I'm talking about me, Aubrey, and Brett.  Soon it will just be dinner for two because she will only be drinking milk.  haha.  Anyway, lately I've been keen to the cooking channels, and today I saw Giada De Laurentes making a delicious penne pasta with creamy almond sauce.  I saw her making it and thought, ummm that looks easy and delicous.  I went to Trader Joes after my doctor appoint which by the way went swell.  I picked up a few ingredients and came home.  I blended the chicken stock, slivered almonds, and garlic, and combined everything in the end.  It was sooooo good, and I hope Brett likes it.  Well he basically likes anyhting at midnight after a long day of cooking and not eating.  These days it's more of a guessing game for him to guess which ingredients I use, this one should be fun, I wonder if he'll guess almonds.  The only changes I made to the recipe was instead of 1 cup of peas, I used the whole bag, and instead of penne I used farfalle noodles.  Accompanying the pasta, I made a salad with a made up honey mustard vinaigrette dressing.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/penne-in-almond-sauce-recipe/index.html




No comments:

Post a Comment

Would you like to add your two cents?