Saturday, October 1, 2011

Wine Saturday Special Edition:Sequoia Grove

         First let me tell you how hard it is driving up highway 29 at 7:45pm when it's pitch black looking for a winery off the highway goin 50 mph.  I know the valley very well, but put me on highway 29 or Silverado Trail at night and you'd swear I was a tourist.  The celebration of Francie's graduation from Berkely awaited me as I drove squinting down the highway hoping to see the "Sequoia Grove" sign, that used to be a cross section of a, well, sequoia tree, but the sinage has changed.  I found it, and trailed through a newly remodeled outdoor seating area, passing over slabs of rock and pebbles, and ventured my way into tasting room.  The best part of the night was seeing Francie.  It brought great joy to my heart to see someone I was so close with at one point that I havent seen in forever, but it was like opening the book to the last page we left off at.  It was amazing, I wish I had more time to hang out with her.  As the night went on, I continued to drink wine from bottles that were labeled with Avery stickers, and snacked on a few cupcakes, by the time I looked at myself I had full on PT.  A term I just coined "purple teeth".  It was pretty bad.   VPL and PT are things everyone should try to avoid. (see my "tips" seciton to avoid the two).  Thankfully I made it home safely, I owe credit to the McMann's for my arrival home.  On the way home we danced in the car to Sak Noel, and Foster the people.  It must have been the Avery labeled wine, blame it on the a a a a alcohol I guess. 
      Originally this was going to be a prelude the the actual tasting I was scheduled to do on Wednesday, unfortunately has been postponed because I need to devote all my spare time to studying.  :( sadness overcomes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would you like to add your two cents?