Monday, November 14, 2011

Blogging?

I need help, and have a few questions. I have noticed that a lot of the blogs I follow religiously have tons of followers. For a while I didn't have any followers, until recently I got one, which was a monumental blogging moment for me. Yay! Thanks Carly. I would love to be able to reach more than a one person audience. It's not that I'm out for the numbers, but it would be nice to read comments from other people and what not. In no way am I complaining, just something I have been observing since I've entered the blog world last year.
Anyway, my question to you bloggers is how long did it take to get a "fan base" or whatever we call it? Following? I honestly do NOT like the word follow. I am not a follower in a literal sense, but I love being a blog member and keeping up with my blogees. If anyone out there besides me reads this, please fill me in with your two cents.

ps: Wine Wednesday coming up 11/16. Should be a good time, the bf is going to come!

3 comments:

  1. Hmm... I don't have a ton of followers or anything, but I know when I got started, it helped to comment on as many blogs as I could. Usually, those bloggers will visit your page and the ones that like you will stay and follow (usually). All that said, I think you should only do this "comment method" if you truly have something to comment on and you truly like their blog. I think that goes without saying, and I feel like you always leave me kind and thoughtful comments, so bravo! Good luck!

    ps. Listening to The XX and loving them! Thank you!
    pps. I notice I can't find your "click to follow" button anywhere, so maybe that's the problem too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no. Ok I'll have to check that out. From what I can see on this end of the screen, up at the top is a follow link, and then all the way all the bottom is the join this site. But I guess both are totally different.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok so I just did a test..when I log out the can't see the follow button at the top. When I'm logged in I can see it. Try scrolling down to the bottom and join the site, see if it shows up in yours feeds

    ReplyDelete

Would you like to add your two cents?