Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Wine Wednesday: Part Sept

    Thanks for tuning into this week's Wine Wednesday.  Right now is literally the BEST time to be in Napa.  Whether your wine tasting or just soaking up the sun, Fall has it all in Napa.  The vines are transitioning colors from green to yellow, red, and orange, basically the whole fall color spectrum.  The other amazing part of Fall is the peak of tourist season is now contracting, and it's a lot more quiet around these parts (thank you God).  Don't get me wrong I love my job, and enjoy doing it, but the break from constant requests is nice. 
      Today I am featuring Sequoia Grove Vineyard.  One of my previous posts was dedicated to a private party held there, but I drank whatever they had, I didn’t necessarily taste, I was just drinking.  Today I actually tasted different wines and got to experience an array of flavor ranging from fruity whites, to spicy reds.  The facility has beautiful grounds, guests are welcome to bring picnic items and eat outside, as long as they taste, or purchase wine. 
     My favorite wine is Sequoia's 2007 Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley, Stagecoach Vineyard, so smooth, and just delicious.  I also got a copy of the "flavor wheel" now I can reference to it. And get to know my flavor pallet with words instead of saying 'oh it’s good'.  I'll be able to describe the wine according to my senses.  I would also like to add that today was the last day of harvest for Sequoia, so I was able to watch some of the wine making process.  Crush was in the air, and it smelled good. 




Peace and Wine,

2007 is the best year of wine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would you like to add your two cents?