Sunday, November 13, 2011

My Friday and Saturday Nights

     
      My Friday and Saturday nights now consist of blogging, instagram, and taking self portraits.  What has my life come to?  The evidence in purely shown below here. Sure there are many things that I could be putting my mind to, but I choose to blog, and play with my iPad.  Lately, my homework load hasn't been as heavy, so for once I've come across some leisure time.  On the plus side, my iPad is a new frontier for me, something that awaited me.  Every day I learn something new on this thing.  Friday night for instance, there’s a karaoke application.  The iPad amplifies your voice, and plays through the speakers on a stereo.  It's probably one of the most awesome things I discovered this weekend.  And, those who know me know I like putting on a show, and covering songs with my voice. 
       Speaking of karaoke, I'll never forget my first karaoke experience "oh Micky your so fine" by Toni Basil, Trancas Steakhouse in Napa.  I was so nervous, but once I got in front of the crowd every thing changed.  As the music came on I had a choice, sing, or punk out.  I sang, and as the words came out of my mouth, the crowd suddenly seemed to disappear.  Everything was black, and all I could see were the words on the screen (not that I needed them).  Suddenly I felt natural, I felt like I belonged in front of people.  The best part about my performance was at the end of the song the audience clapped their hands together in sync with the song "oh Micky you so fine you so fine you blow my mind hey Mickey (clap, clap, clap) hey Mickey (clap, clap, clap)".  For once in my life what I was doing felt right, because I enjoyed it.  In that moment of time I felt complete, nothing else mattered to me, and I realized where my heart is.
      The biggest lesson that I learned from my first karaoke experience is that, if I can get up in front of people I don't even know, sing, risk being made fun of, or booed off stage, I can do anything.  It takes a lot of courage, and guts to karaoke, I don't care what anyone says, the first time is invigorating, and refreshing.  Ever need a conquering confidence boost?  Enjoy cloud nine? Go karaoke, I highly recommend it.  



      Here I present what happens to me when I have free time.  All of this photos are taken with Instagram, another great application for Apple.
                                                            
                                                               Friday Night at my Dad's

In hopes of spotting stars during the Napa Valley Film Festival this weekend 
(freezing in Napa, hence the trench)

Porkchop Lovin 

Instagram Self Lovin 

                                                        Cab Stained Lip Last Weekend


ps: stay tuned for Wine Wednesday coming up 11/16/11.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Would you like to add your two cents?